Introduction to six sigma
This one-day course introduces delegates to six sigma in its main forms: define, measure, analyse, improve and control (DMAIC) and lean six sigma. It will enable participants to improve the quality of process outputs by removing the causes of defects and minimising variability in manufacturing and business processes.
This course is aimed at individuals who have responsibility for implementing or studying the implementation of six sigma in their organisation. It can also be successfully used to train team members who will be part of six sigma project teams but who do not require the depth of knowledge of a green belt.
- Course content
- Six sigma – what it is, what it does, its benefits and basic terminology
- Simple tools – immediate results with readily deployable tools
- DMAIC methodology – Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control
- Identifying mission-critical processes
- Improvements and how to sustain them.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Appreciate the value of a consistent and predictable service or product
- Be able to demonstrate a customer-centric approach and avoid unnecessary defects.