ISO 9001: Lead Auditor - CQI/IRCA Certified
This course provides a thorough overview of the audit life cycle for first party (Internal), second party (Supplier), and third party (Certification), audits. You will gain skills, knowledge, techniques and understanding that ensure a successful audit as well as a positive and successful working relationship with the auditee.
This course is run in partnership with QMS Skills who are the approved training partner.
The focus of the Course is on understanding and applying the ‘skills’ needed to be a successful auditor. Here lectures are kept to a minimum, with learning provided through exercises, discussion, role play and presentations from attendees.
This includes performing all the stages of a Certification Audit including the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Audits. These audits are performed on a realistic and simulated Company with a fully functioning ISO 9001: 2015 system.
Before attending this course it is recommended by the CQI & IRCA that delegates have a prior knowledge of quality management principles and concepts. (Please note it is difficult to pass either the course or the exam without this prior knowledge). This knowledge must be obtained prior to attending the course as the syllabus does not allow us to go through the standard clause by clause.
Many course providers leave you to obtain this prior knowledge for yourself. However, we provide as part of the course package an extremely comprehensive ISO 9001: 2015 Explanation Manual. This means you can study the contents and get this prior knowledge at a speed and duration that suits your individual needs. It typically takes at least a total of eight hours to complete the entire Explanation Manual.
Who should attend?Although this course is primarily designed for auditors it is also excellent preparation for anyone involved in ISO 9001: 2015. Be it an implementer, consultant, auditee, manager or anyone updating their systems our course tells you what you need to know.
By completing this course, delegates will
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 9000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognise the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand the role of objectives, scope, and criteria in the audit process
- How to plan audits
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand lead auditor responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Report audit results