Level 3 Food safety and hygiene for supervisors - elearning
This course has been developed for those individuals who manage or supervise food handlers in a food environment, and who need to meet the training requirements for food handlers. Designed for businesses who want to achieve a 5 star hygiene rating, certification as a result of this elearning demonstrates that staff are properly supervised and trained to handle food safely and hygienically.
You can register up to 10 people for elearning when you book online. If you have more than 10 delegates to register, please contact us.
- Course content
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Food Borne Illnesses
- Understanding Food Law
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Food Safety Management (HACCP)
- Food Preservation
- Food Storage and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Workplace Equipment and Design
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
Online course, completed at the pace of the learner.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Understand their role in the supervision of food handlers when it comes to food safety and hygiene
- Be able to define food safety hazards, hygiene risks and understand how they may be prevented and controlled
- Recognise the importance of thorough preparation and cooking of food to eliminate dangerous viruses and bacteria
- Understand how to prevent foodborne illness, and the impact of this from a personal and a legal responsibility
- Know how to develop and maintain an effective HACCP system
- Know how to preserve food safely and hygienically
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Know how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- Know how to ensure that staff keep a good standard of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep the workplace hygienic and safe for food preparation, cooking and storage
Terms and conditions:
Read the elearning Terms and conditions here.