Managing performance (conduct and capability) training
This course equips managers and supervisors to influence and affect sustained performance improvement. It will provide guidance on how to diagnose problems, make timely interventions and provide a supportive environment to underpin good performance. Poor handling of underperformance, or failing to tackle the situation can result in a worse performance issue. The business suffers more and the person finds themselves on the receiving end of being managed out instead of being managed up.
- Course content
- Managing individual performance - through authentic one-to-one discussions with people who are underperforming
- Best practice - opportunities to explore situations where staff have not been effectively managed and to share best practice
- Managing up or managing out – situations when the business may be suffering as a result of not tackling underperformance
- Managing performance - exploring how managers can influence and effect sustained performance
- Practice – a range of practical activities to investigate root causes of issues.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to conduct informal performance/conduct meetings in the workplace
- Know how to investigate root cause and differentiate between skill and issues
- Recognise the importance of using the ACAS ACT FAIR process management technique for sustained performance/conduct improvement.