Managing underperformance (conduct and capability) training
This one-day course equips managers and supervisors to influence and affect sustained performance improvement. It will provide guidance on how to diagnose problems, make timely interventions and provide a supportive environment to underpin good performance. Poor handling of underperformance, or failing to tackle the situation can result in a worse performance issue. The business suffers more and the person finds themselves on the receiving end of being managed out instead of being managed up.
- Course content
- Managing individual performance - through authentic one-to-one discussions with people who are underperforming
- Best practice - opportunities to explore situations where staff have not been effectively managed and to share best practice
- Managing up or managing out – situations when the business may be suffering as a result of not tackling underperformance
- Managing performance - exploring how managers can influence and effect sustained performance
- Practice – a range of practical activities to investigate root causes of issues.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to conduct informal performance/conduct meetings in the workplace
- Know how to investigate root cause and differentiate between skill and issues
- Recognise the importance of using the ACAS ACT FAIR process management technique for sustained performance/conduct improvement.