Mental Health First Aid Champions TrainingThis one day course qualifies delegates as a Mental Health First Aid Champion with MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) England. The course will give attendees the skills and confidence to spot when someone on their team is struggling, and to know how and when to offer support.
It’s suitable for anyone who wants to support employees’ mental health, especially those with management or supervisory responsibilities.
- Course Content
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aid Champion. You’ll also get a copy of the Line Managers' Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
- More details
Delegates who attend this course will qualify as a Mental Health First Aid Champion. MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing