Programming programmable logic controls (PLC) training
The three-day course at our Technology Training Centre in Aston, Birmingham provides an introduction to programming PLCs. The content for this course is aimed at engineers and electricians who have a basic understanding of PLC and who have to perform programming.
- Basic hardware troubleshooting
- Theory of operation
- I/O addressing
- Understanding program notation I, Q, T, C,M, D, etc.
- Step 7 V11.0 user interface
- Setting up a project
- Hardware configuration
- Program representation (LAD, FBD, STL)
- Program structure and logic block types
- Basic instruction set (timers, counters, flip flops)
- Local and global variables
- Data types and parameter types
- Data blocks
- Establishing online connections
- Upload and download projects
- Diagnostic functions (module information/diagnose hardware)
- Program monitoring
- Using cross reference function to aid fault finding
- Searching for specific operands and instructions
- Monitor and modify variables
- Rewire function.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Work safely on modern industrial electrical/electronic control equipment
- Systematically interrogate a range of commonly used Programmable Logic Controllers
- Understand how PLCs are incorporated into modern electrical circuits
- Interpret basic levels of ladder diagrams to facilitate change
- Gain a basic understanding of inverter variable speed drives and make adjustments
- Carry out basic checks on variable speed drives
- Delegates may progress to stage two of the course, which covers troubleshooting.
Why Choose Make UK to Study?
Make UK Environmental, Health & Safety team are dedicated to improving EHS knowledge and performance in individuals and companies across the UK. Our trainers are professional consultants with industry recognized qualifications and practical experience.
For your convenience, costs quoted are inclusive of tuition, course materials, assessment, and certificate, which is awarded for successful completion of the qualification.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £817 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)