Stress management training
This one-day course for managers, HR professionals and health and safety professionals identifies causes and symptoms of workplace stress and remedial measures to combat them. This practical course is includes scenario-based problem solving and risk assessment to enable to promote a proactive approach to stress management. This will help reduce work absence, which is frequently caused by stress-related conditions. With work related stress now high on the Health and Safety Executive’s agenda, the benefits of a proactive approach to stress management rather than a reactive approach are being increasingly recognised.
- Course content
- Understand what the term 'stress' means
- Understand the difference between pressure and stress
- Understand the symptoms of stress
- Be aware of the common individual and organisational causes of stress
- Understand the nature and benefit of a proactive approach to preventing and managing stress
- Carry out a basic stress risk assessment of an organisation
- Understand and undertake stress management surveys
- Understand the management control and support process for staff
- HSE management standards
- Identify ways to deal with personal stress
- The role of diet, exercise and relaxation in preventing and managing stress.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment, but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course delegates may progress to:
- NEBOSH national certificate in the management of health and wellbeing at work.