The new team leader training
This course provides essential team leadership skills to those who are newly promoted to the role. This two-day programme develops and improves leadership skills to enhance effectiveness within the team and organisation, enabling new team leaders to step up to their new responsibilities. It is also relevant to existing team leaders wanting to update their skills and to aspiring individuals who have the potential for future development into a team leader role.
- Course content
- Team leader in the context of the organisation
- Responsibilities of the team leader
- Giving feedback to team members
- Motivators and de-motivators at work
- Motivating a demotivated member of the team
- Definition of communication
- Improving in-company communication
- Stages in team development
- Difference between effective and ineffective teams.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Assess and improve their effectiveness as the leader of a team
- Make decisions with greater confidence
- Motivate and develop the team to achieve greater potential
- Improve channels of communication with their team
- Use the stages of team development to assess the maturity of their team
- Provide constructive feedback to their team members.