IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Virtual classroom
This virtual IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is an engaging designed for delegates who have attended, and successfully completed, IOSH Managing Safely to provide a valuable update. Upon completion, delegates can be sure that their knowledge and skills are up to date.
Whilst there is no legal requirement, IOSH’s best practice advice is that delegates complete the Refresher course 3 years after completing the 3-day Managing Safely course. This is to ensure that knowledge and skills remain current, especially considering the ever-changing nature of health and safety regulations and practices.
For your convenience the fee includes all required learner resources, registration, and exam fees.
Our virtual classroom training provides an online environment for our training programmes to be delivered at your home or office. You get the same access to our experienced consultants and learn from your peers in an interactive environment that replicates a physical classroom.
There are 6 modules within the course covering changes to legislation and best practice since delegates completed the full course.
- Thinking Back - Delegates reflect on what they took away from the full Managing Safely course. They will also revisit the key reasons for managing safely and recap some of the key terms in an engaging and participative way.
- Leadership - Why leadership is important, and how to create a positive safety culture.
- Plan - What is a safety and health policy and what does it include? How to implement the policy.
- Do - Delegates undertake a risk assessment exercise. What are the best ways to communicate the findings and the safety and health plan to the workforce?
- Check - What types of data are there? What can be measured and how does this help in seeing if ‘the plan’ is implemented and working?
- Act - Why it is essential to review performance, act on lessons learned and strive to improve continually. Delegates then reflect on what they have learned and how they will use this in their workplace.
The course is specifically designed for delegates who have successfully completed the full IOSH managing safely course within the last 5 years. No other qualifications are required.
To join our virtual classes, you’ll need:
- Chrome or Firefox
- An internet connection
- An internal or external microphone, and preferably a webcam and headset
At the end of the course, delegates complete a short multiple-choice test. You will have 30 minutes to answer 21 questions, which are presented in a variety of ways. Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
By completing this course, delegates will: