Working successfully with trade unions training - Training
This highly practical CPD accredited course on how to work with trade unions provides the necessary knowledge for those who need to work with unions or their members and gives delegates the opportunity to put learning into practice in a safe environment.
Due to the decline in union membership, many line managers and HR professionals have little or no experience of working within a unionised environment. However, union recognition is now increasing and union members and their representatives have extensive rights in the workplace, whether or not the union is officially recognised. Delegates will be educated in how to use these rights.
- The background to trade unions and industrial relations
- The modern framework
- The difference between voluntary and statutory recognition
- Collective bargaining and collective agreements
- Roles and rights of trade union officials and members
- An understanding of the numbers of union representatives and their constituencies
- The difference between consultation and negotiation
- Dealing with ballots and industrial action
- Negotiations for a ‘win-win’ solution.