Introduction to 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD)
This Introduction to CAD course at our Technology Training Centre in Aston, Birmingham provides beginners with a comprehensive introduction to the CAD software, giving delegates all of the skills needed to produce high quality 3D drawings that lead on to the production of 2D CAD generated engineering drawings.
Hands-on exercises are used to create 2D production drawings and to provide candidates with through understanding of the principal CAD drawing commands and techniques. These techniques can be applied across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Course content
During the course, candidates will cover the following:
- User Interface, Introduction to different planes, basic sketching, Smart dimensions
- Creating a border template with Logo
- BS 8888 (basic drawing layouts and dimensions)
- Developing 3D sketches and part planning
- Creating 3D Features, extruding, filleting and chamfers
- 3D Patterning and revolving features
- Adding holes and slots to parts
- Changing/adding planes, mirroring features
- Basic 3D component assemblies
- Editing 3D parts and assemblies
- Assigning material and appearance to parts
- Creating 2D drawings from parts and assemblies
Delegates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows. No prior CAD knowledge is necessary.
Whilst there is no formal assessment on this course, delegates will need to demonstrate a basic working knowledge and understanding of CAD and complete their own portfolio. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. Performance feedback can be provided to the Customer if required.
- More details
The course is quite intensive over the three days and is designed to develop and enhance the candidates’ understanding of 3D and 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Candidates will be introduced to BS 8888 and how the design software helps to create detailed designs. This is a practical course where candidates will use the programme features to create parts and a final assembly.
This Introduction to CAD training is ideal for:
- Candidates with no previous knowledge of engineering drawings
- Newcomers to CAD software and CAD drawing
- Users with a small amount of CAD experience
Candidates will be introduced to BS 8888 and how the design software helps to create detailed designs.