The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 came into force on 06 April 2012. The regulations require mandatory training for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos fibres at work. Effectively, this means all building maintenance workers will require some form of Asbestos Awareness training.
The course is suitable for managers, team leaders, supervisors, operatives, maintenance staff and building contractors and anyone coming into contact with asbestos.
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Asbestos facts
- History of asbestos
- Types and uses
- Health effects/hazards
- Locations where asbestos is usually found
- Asbestos surveys and sampling
- Asbestos register
- Practical controls for asbestos safety
- Asbestos removal
- The duty to manage – who is responsible?
- The seven key stages to management plans.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Become aware of the hazards related to asbestos and how to manage it effectively