Asbestos Awareness - elearning
This course provides advanced knowledge about asbestos awareness for people working with and around asbestos. There is an overview of what asbestos is, the history of asbestos use, the risks of exposure to asbestos, and the key legislation around the topic.
You can register up to 10 people for elearning when you book online. If you have more than 10 delegates to register, please contact us.
You may also be interested in our highly cost-effective and comprehensive Health & Safety Subscription Package.
- An introduction to asbestos awareness
- A history of asbestos and its early uses
- What is asbestos?
- Exposure to asbestos: the risks and adverse effects on health
- Typical uses of asbestos and ACMs (Asbestos Containing Materials)
- Legislation relating to asbestos
- Basic safety and emergency procedures if ACMs are disturbed
AssessmentOnline course, followed by multiple choice test, with 85% pass mark needed.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Describe the properties of asbestos in terms of the risks to and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risk to those who smoke
- Outline the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) can be typically found within buildings and in plant/equipment
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs
- Describe the risks of fibre release from ACMs
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work
- State the procedures to follow if unintentional contact is made with ACMs and describe appropriate emergency procedures
- Outline legislation relating to asbestos, particularly with reference to regulations 4 and 5 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR)
Terms and conditions:
Read the elearning Terms and conditions here.