Lean principles - simulation and application training
Normally only available to the largest manufacturing companies, this 4½ day Introduction to Lean training will immerse delegates in both Lean principles and practical application of the basic techniques used to improve manufacturing processes and productivity.
- Course content
During the course, candidates will cover the following
- Lean Principles introduction to tools and techniques
- 5S, 8W and Simulated waste reduction exercises
- Visual Management
- Value Stream and Process Mapping
- Standard Operating Procedures and TPM
- Continuous Improvement Methods and Line Balancing (Yamazumi)
- KPI and Lean Measures
- Set Up Reduction (including Trolley Build)
- Problem solving including 8D and Concern Resolution
- Root Cause Analysis
This Introduction to Lean training is ideal for:
- Delegates who have little or no previous experience of Lean methodologies
- Delegates who have a desire to identify process problems within the workplace and improve efficiency
- Any person or Team involved with improving efficiency and productivity
Whilst there is no formal assessment on this course, delegates will need to demonstrate a basic working knowledge and application of Lean principles and techniques. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
Gain an in-depth understanding of how to analyse any process and then how to begin implementation of the business improvement techniques in the workplace.