IOA certificate in workplace noise assessments
This Institute of Acoustics (IOA) course is aimed at personnel who need to be able to carry out workplace noise assessments and devise effective company noise management programmes to comply with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
Courses running at our Technology Hub include a practical demonstration on our state of the art training machines, giving delegates hands-on learning to support the classroom based studies.
- Course content
- Basic concepts of noise
- Measurement and instrumentation
- Noise exposure assessment
- Hearing, hearing loss measurement and protection
- Legal aspects, including compliance with regulations
- Noise reduction techniques.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- By examination
- As part of the course, delegates undertake a practical and written assessment. The IOA assessment comprises a written two-hour examination paper. Candidates must also submit a workplace noise report
- Successful candidates are awarded a certificate of competence, validated by the Institute of Acoustics.
- More details
Delegates may next choose to attain the:
- IOA certificate in the management of occupational exposure to hand-arm vibration
- IOA certificate in environmental noise measurement.