ISO 45001 : 2018 Internal Auditor – CQI/IRCA Certified
This Interactive and very practical ‘classroom-based’ course guides delegates through the entire OHSMS internal audit process. Delegates perform each key stage of the audit process so that, over the two days, they conduct a complete internal audit. This ensures delegates gain the skills, knowledge, techniques and understanding that ensure a successful audit as well as a positive and successful working relationship with the auditee.
The CQI and IRCA Certified Training course is designed to be enjoyable whilst simultaneously providing the confidence, knowledge and skills for delegates to subsequently perform effective internal audits within their own organisations.
The focus of the course is on understanding and applying the ‘skills’ needed to be a successful OHSMS internal auditor. Here lectures are kept to a minimum, with learning provided through exercises, discussion, role play and presentations from attendees. This includes performing a realistic and simulated internal audit on a Company with a fully functioning ISO 45001:2018 system. This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 45001:2018. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
IRCA courses are run in partnership with QMS Skills who are the approved training partner.
- Course content
- Understanding how internal audits benefit an organisation
- Understanding the complete lifecycle of an internal audit
- Identifying improvements, performing corrective action and adding value
- How to be an effective auditor
- Understanding risk-based auditing
- Creating audit plans and checklists
- Holding successful opening and closing meetings
- Writing effective reports
- Getting buy-in from staff and management
CQI/IRCA recommends that all students have knowledge of the following before attending this course:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OHSMS training course or equivalent.
There is a short written test on day 1 of this course as well as continuous assessment throughout the course.
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to students who successfully complete both the written test and the continuous assessment. Certificates of Attendance may be provided to those who do not pass the test.
Delegates who successfully complete this ISO 45001:2018 Internal Auditor OHSMS course will satisfy part of the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA Certificated OHSMS Internal Auditor. In addition to this course, delegates must also complete a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OHSMS training course to meet the full training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA OHSMS Internal Auditor.
- More details
There are no additonal details for this course.