ISO 45001 : Lead Auditor – CQI/IRCA Certified
The focus of the CQI and IRCA Certified Training course is on understanding and applying the ‘skills’ needed to be a successful OHSMS auditor. Here lectures are kept to a minimum, with learning provided through exercises, discussion, role play and presentations from attendees. This includes performing all the stages of a Certification Audit including the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Audits. These audits are performed on a realistic and simulated Company with a fully functioning ISO 45001:2018 system.
IRCA courses are run in partnership with QMS Skills who are the approved training partner.
Subjects covered include:
- The purpose of Occupational Health and Safety Management systems
- The structure of Annex SL (which is the core wording around which ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and all recent and future ISO management system standards are based).
- The structure and requirements contained within ISO 45001 including top management and leadership requirements
- The process of implementing and maintaining a OHSMS System
- The business benefits of improved performance of the OHSMS.
- The context of an organisation as well as internal and external interested parties
- An explanation of the key definitions contained within ISO 45001
- Recognise the principles and practices of first, second and third party audits
- Conduct all phases of a third party audit in the style of a Certification Body
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand the role of objectives, scope, and criteria in the audit process
- How to plan audits and conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand lead auditor responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Prepare accurate audit conclusions
- Conduct effective closing meetings
- Report audit results concisely and clearly
CQI/IRCA recommends that all students have a prior knowledge of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle as well as knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements. Additionally they should be aware of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements. They should also have knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OHSMS training course.
N.B. this knowledge should be obtained prior to attending the course as the IRCA syllabus does not allow us to go through ISO 45001, clause by clause, during the classroom-based course.
There is a final examination for this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Delegates will also be assessed on the basis of their progress throughout the course.
Who should attend?
Although this course is primarily designed for auditors it is also excellent preparation for anyone involved in ISO 45001:2018. Be it a health & safety professional, consultant, auditee, manager or anyone implementing or updating their OHSMS our course tells you what you need to know.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety
management system standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health &
safety management system
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001
- Explain the specific occupational health & safety management system related requirements of ISO 45001
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £1075 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)