Mental Health Awareness Training
This half-day introductory course is accredited by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and aims to help to remove the stigma surrounding mental health and promote an open and supportive environment for the workforce.
- Course content
This four-hour session covers:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
- More details
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- The confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue