Mock Employment Tribunal
This Mock Tribunal course provides delegates with an in-depth understanding of what’s involved in attending a tribunal virtually. By using our interactive tools they will experience giving evidence, cross examination and gain a vital insight into the factors which influence the outcome of a case.
It will be beneficial to all members of the HR team or any employees involved in active line management, whatever their level or seniority, who could be called to participate in proceedings. This course will enable potential future tribunal witnesses to become confident and proficient in giving evidence using the tribunal’s Cloud Video Platform service. It will immediately inform their management style to make a tribunal claim less likely, and improve the chances of successfully defending any unavoidable claims.
- Overview of employment tribunals; the life of an ET case, the structure of a hearing and preparatory steps for the full merits hearing
- Familiarisation with bundles and witness statements
- The roles of the judge, clerk, parties and their representatives
- Observation of evidence given at tribunals by witnesses
- Practical experience and analysis of giving evidence and cross examination
- A summary of key points for preparing for hearings including the challenges of using technology
By completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Understand the key considerations in preparing for an employment tribunal, know the processes and stages and be confident in the evidence giving process.