Safe use of power presses refresher training (for press setters)
This course will teach people who set, adjust or try out tools in power presses to apply safe working practices. This course covers the statutory requirements laid down by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (as applied to Power Presses), approved code of practice and guidance.
- Course content
General legal requirements
- The Health & Safety at Work Act
- The Provisions of the Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1992
- PUWER 98 part IV relating to power presses.
Power press mechanisms
- Clutches - positive and friction type
- Safety devices to include types of guard and protection devices
- Detection of power press mechanisms (Video)
- The work of the tool setter and their responsibilities in the safe use of power presses and safe methods of working
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Refresh their knowledge of the PUWER Regulations as applied to power presses and update their knowledge with current legal requirements.
- Have developed a more positive and systematic approach to safer working practices/methods.