Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (AIEMA) - Virtual classroom
Our virtual classroom training provides an online environment for our training programmes to be delivered at your home or office. You get the same access to our experienced consultants and learn from your peers in an interactive environment that replicates a physical classroom.
This virtual classroom course is designed for those new to the environmental management profession, it’s the first step on the professional development track for environmental managers and demonstrates a solid foundation of knowledge in environmental management. The course covers all the areas of knowledge you need to become an Associate Member of IEMA (AIEMA) under the new membership structure.
- The implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Major environmental policies and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- The role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
To join our virtual classes, you’ll need:
- Chrome or Firefox
- An internet connection
- An internal or external microphone, and preferably a webcam and headset
Assessment is via a 1 hour open-book online multiple-choice exam.
By completing this course, delegates will:
Cover all of the knowledge required for IEMA Associate Membership (AIEMA) Build a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in environmental management Meet the academic requirements to study the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management to progress to become an IEMA Practitioner (PIEMA)