Welding - Oxy-Acetylene
This one-day practical welding course will give delegates the skills and knowledge required to produce welded joints using oxy-acetylene welding equipment. Through short classroom sessions and hands-on training in welding techniques the course will enable delegates safely to set up oxy-acetylene welding equipment and to produce welds. It is ideal for maintenance engineers, engineers and those who wish to use oxy-acetylene welding equipment.
- Course content
- Inspection procedures for gas controlled equipment – Code 7
- Daily check list for gas controlled equipment
- Maintenance inspection procedure for gas controlled equipment
- Gas cylinder recognition and identification
- Maintenance inspection procedure for pressure regulators
- Gas welding procedures
- Set up of equipment and welding practice
- Flat straight – left / right
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
The course content can be used to support NVQ programmes.