CP7 Gas Safety
A complete training and certification service to enable those with a basic understanding of the Oxy/Fuel Gas Welding process to inspect portable Oxy/Fuel cutting and welding gas equipment in accordance with the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and the British Compressed Gases Association Code of Practice 7 (BCGA CP7).
• The need for personal protective equipment
• Single and multi-stage regulators
• Pre-use visual checks on gas regulators
• Correct fitting of regulators
• How flashbacks occur
• The need for flashback arrestors
• Correct hose selection
• Using hoses safely
• Torch design & selection
• Correct nozzle selection
• Correct set-up of an oxy-fuel gas workstation
• Safe working practices
• Incidents caused by poor working practices
• Practical session; cylinder set-up, leak test and shut-down
And a practical session to include:
• Correctly identify gas cylinders
• Identify functional differences between regulator types
• Undertake a pre-use visual check on gas regulators
• Select and fit the correct flashback arrestors
• Identify the correct hoses to be fitted
• Select the correct cutting torch and nozzle
• Undertake functional tests on regulators
• Set the correct gas pressures for the nozzle being used
• Correctly set up an oxy-fuel gas workstation
• Correctly leak test an oxy-fuel gas workstation
Recognise the need for safe shut-down procedures
Pre-requisitesDelegates must have a basic understanding of the Oxy/Fuel Gas Welding process.
AssessmentThere is no assessment.
Once qualified, you could provide a chargeable Gas Equipment Inspection Service and will have the knowledge to
advise if replacement equipment is necessary and then supply, recouping your investment over just a few calls.
Upon passing the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate, identity card and a comprehensive
inspection pack, including tool kit.
RSPA Certificate of Verified Achievement
Compressed Gases Safety Passport to HSE INDG 381
You may also be interested in:
Why Choose Make UK to Study?
Make UK Environmental, Health & Safety team are dedicated to improving EHS knowledge and performance in individuals and companies across the UK. Our trainers are professional consultants with industry recognized qualifications and practical experience.
For your convenience, costs quoted are inclusive of tuition, course materials, assessment, and certificate, which is awarded for successful completion of the qualification.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £375 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)