IOSH working safely
The IOSH working safely course provides a basic introduction to safe working practices for non-health and safety specialists. The training will give employees at all levels the information they need to keep themselves and others safe at work.
The accredited course is aimed at those who have had little or no training on health and safety, or those who need a refresher.
This course can be enhanced by integrating game based learning to embed knowledge and drive behavioural change.
- Course content
- Hazard and risk management
- Common hazards
- Machinery safety
- Chemical safety
- Legal responsibilities
- Fire precautions
- Accident prevention
- Manual handling
- Working with display screen equipment (DSE).
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- By examination
- A short written/objective multiple-choice paper
- A short hazard spotting exercise
- On successful completion of the course and the assessed work, delegates will receive an IOSH certificate.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Gain essential knowledge to ensure their own safety at work and assist the safety of others
- They may wish to progress to the IOSH managing safely course.