IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (AIEMA)
This course is designed for those new to the environmental management profession. It’s the first step on the professional development track for environmental managers and demonstrates a solid foundation of knowledge in environmental management. This course is also great for people working in other professions, such as marketing or finance, to gain a basic understanding of sustainability that they might apply in their role.
The course covers all the areas of knowledge required to become an Associate Member of IEMA (AIEMA).
Why choose Make UK?
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been supporting businesses for over 125 years and we’re one of the largest training providers in the country.
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Benefits of IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- Obtain the knowledge and skills to begin your career in sustainability
- Lead improvements in environmental performance and drive towards Net Zero
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification which leads to IEMA Associate Membership (AIEMA)
- Drive the net zero agenda forward within your organisation
- Improve environmental performance & demonstrate commitment to sustainability
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
Face to face or online – learn your way
This course provides a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build on. Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area. Once completed, delegates will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
How the course is assessed
Upon completion of the course, delegates will take a one hour, open-book, online multiple-choice exam. Upon passing the exam, they will receive a certificate to recognise their achievement, along with details of how to join IEMA as an Associate Member, earning the AIEMA professional suffix and all other benefits that come as being a member of a professional body.
There are no entry requirements for this course.