IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management (PIEMA)
This internationally-recognised course is designed for experienced environmental professionals looking to progress their career. Delegates will gain the knowledge and skills that are needed to be an effective Environmental and Sustainability Practitioner.
The course covers all the areas of training required to become an IEMA Practitioner (PIEMA).
Why choose Make UK?
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been supporting businesses for over 125 years and we’re one of the largest training providers in the country.
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Benefits of IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Improve environmental performance
- Demonstrate commitment to sustainable business practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- Develop competence and career as an Environmental and Sustainability Practitioner
- Lead improvements in environmental performance to drive positive change
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification which leads to IEMA practitioner membership, the benchmark for Environmental and Sustainability professionals
Face to face or online – learn your way
Module 1: Fundamentals of sustainability, business and governance
- Implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and for organisations and the role of an environment/sustainability professional in overcoming these challenges
- Sustainable business/governance models and principles
Module 2: Environmental principles, policy and legislation
- Environmental principles
- Major policy and legislation
Module 3: Environmental management/assessment tools and skills
- Major tools, techniques, systems and practices to develop sustainable products and services and improve sustainability performance
- The role of innovation in developing sustainable products, services and solutions
- Data collection, critical analysis and information reporting to inform decision making
- Problem identification and opportunity assessment for delivery of innovative and sustainable products and services
- Effective communications
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Tools, techniques, systems and practices to identify opportunities and risks
- Project and programme delivery to achieve performance improvements
- Implementing change and transformation
How the course is assessed
The assessment for modules 1-3 of this course is through written assignments.
Delegates then need to complete an Assessment of Competence, which must be submitted to IEMA for marking after all other modules have been successfully completed. This is to qualify for Practitioner Membership of IEMA.