NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
The NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is the most popular and recognised health and safety qualification of its kind. It’s designed for ambitious health and safety managers and professionals who want to take their knowledge and practical skills to the next step.
This university degree-level qualification assists in the development of professional competence, increasing the learner’s ability to help organisations make key health and safety decisions in order to manage risk, meet business objectives, and regulatory requirements.
Over 18,000 safety professionals hold this prestigious and highly respected diploma. The qualification is the first step to becoming a chartered safety and health practitioner.
Why choose Make UK to study the NEBOSH National Diploma?
As a NEBOSH gold learning partner, Make UK will provide excellent teaching and support to learners undertaking this qualification. Health and safety professionals studying with Make UK achieve great results, with a 79% average first-time pass rate.
To suit individual needs, we offer a range of delivery methods. When choosing a mode of study, you may wish to consider your preferred learning style, course fees, and how to best to train around your busy schedule. Whichever you choose, when you enroll you can guarantee you’ll receive expert tuition, access to relevant resources, support preparing for exams, and, if desired, guidance with your career progression.
For your convenience, costs quoted are inclusive of tuition, materials, examination fees, and certificates, which are awarded for successful completion of the NEBOSH qualification.
Benefits of the NEBOSH Diploma
Businesses supporting learners undertaking the NEBOSH Diploma can expect to benefit in a variety of ways:
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness by implementing best practice health and safety practices
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to health and safety in the workplace
- Attract and retain talent by supporting academic and career progression of employees
- Demonstrate your commitment to improve safety culture, which can help win customers
This qualification is ideal for learners seeking a successful health and safety career where they wish to be regarded as a professional in their field:
- Gain confidence to manage occupational health and safety in your workplace
- Drive company-wide positive health and safety change and keep people safe in dangerous environments
- Boost your career and professional development prospects.
- Entitled to apply for IOSH membership (GradIOSH)
Mode of study – Learn your way
We strongly recommend that you carefully consider which delivery method will suit your learning style best to successfully achieve the NEBOSH Diploma. If you would like any advice regarding this please get in touch, we’d be happy to help.
If required, we can provide a tailored version of NEBOSH’s National Diploma, for a group of employees at your organisation, which incorporates your businesses values, processes, and aspirations.
NEBOSH Diploma course content
NEBOSH recommends that learners plan their study around a minimum of 191 taught hours, plus 144 recommended self-study hours and 80 assessment hours.
The NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety provides learners with the knowledge and skills to reduce risk, control hazards, and improve health and safety culture.
The syllabus is divided into three units:
- DN1- Know – workplace health and safety principles (UK)
- DN2 - Do – controlling workplace health issues (UK)
- DN3 - Do – controlling workplace safety issues (UK)
The Diploma course also includes
- Free access to our EHS briefings throughout the duration of study. These events cover the latest news and developments in health, safety, and environmental management.
- Tutorial days for each module where you will recap what you’ve learnt and ensure you are fully prepared for the assessment.
- A student license for the Barbour EHS on-line library to access key information, tools, and documents.
How the course is assessed
The total assessment time for all 3 units is 80 hours. Learners must complete and pass the following to achieve the NEBOSH National Diploma:
- DN1 - A work-based assignment and research project
- DN2 - An open-book online scenario-based case study
- DN3 - An open-book online scenario-based case study
There are no mandatory qualification entry requirements for this qualification; however, learners should consider that this is a professional-level qualification. Completing the course is a substantial undertaking; therefore, NEBOSH strongly recommends that learners studying the National Diploma have a suitable standard of English to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
Depending on their health and safety management experience, learners may find it beneficial to study the NEBOSH National General Certificate prior to undertaking the Diploma course. You can find out more about the NEBOSH General Certificate course here.
Candidates will need to pass all units to achieve certification. Upon successful completion, delegates will achieve the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management and will be able to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after their name.
NEBOSH diploma holders are invited to the annual NEBOSH graduation ceremony in the year following the successful completion of their award.
For those interested in career progression, Make UK tutors can support successful learners with their professional development. The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health is the first step on the journey to becoming a chartered member of IOSH.
For further information on the NEBOSH National Diploma please see here.
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years.
Together, we help your business perform and grow.