NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH National Diploma is the most popular and recognised health and safety qualification of its kind. It’s designed for ambitious health and safety managers and professionals who want to take their knowledge to the next step.
This university degree-level qualification assists in the development of professional competence, increasing the learner’s ability to help organisations make key health and safety decisions in order to manage risk, meet business objectives, and meet regulatory and other requirements.
This prestigious and highly-respected diploma is currently held by over 18,000 professionals and is the first step to becoming a chartered safety and health practitioner.
Why choose Make UK?
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years.
Together, we help your business perform and grow.
Benefits of NEBOSH Diploma
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
- Boost your career and professional development prospects.
- Drive company-wide change with health and safety strategy and keep people safe in dangerous environments
- Entitled to apply for graduate membership of IOSH (GradIOSH)
Face to face or online – learn your way
The NEBOSH National Diploma course is divided into four main units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Unit A: Managing health and safety
- Unit B: Hazardous substances/agents
- Unit C: Workplace and work equipment safety
- Unit DNI: Workplace-based assignment
The course also includes:
- Free access to our HSE briefings throughout the duration of study. These events cover the latest news and developments in health, safety and environmental management.
- Optional revision days for each module.
- A student license for the Barbour EHS on-line library to access key information, tools and documents.
How the course is assessed
Each unit is assessed by a written exam. Unit DNI is assessed with an 8,000 word work-based assignment.
Delegates will achieve the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and upon completion and be able to use the letters 'DipNEBOSH' after their name. Candidates will need to pass all units to achieve the certification.