NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
The NEBOSH General Certificate is the most widely recognised health and safety qualification of its kind, giving learners the knowledge, skills and understanding of the principles of risk management and everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
More than 80% of UK employers ask for a NEBOSH qualification when they are recruiting for health and safety roles.
Suitable for line managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and can lead to further qualifications such as the NEBOSH diploma.
Why choose Make UK?
72% average pass rate in 2021
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years.
Together, we help your business perform and grow.
Benefits of NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Acquire a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and long-term career
- Obtain key knowledge to provide a safe working environment for you and your colleagues
- Confidently carry out risk assessments & implement detailed action plans
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
Face to face or online – learn your way
The NEBOSH national general certificate consists of two units, each separately assessed. There are no entry requirements for the course.
NG1 – Management of health and safety
- Element 1 Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 Health and safety monitoring and measuring
NG2 – Risk Assessment
- Element 5 Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 General workplace issues
- Element 9 Work equipment
- Element 10 Fire
- Element 11 Electricity
How the Course Assessed
NG1 is assessed via an open book exam which is administered on-line & must be completed during a set 24 hour window.
NG2 is assessed via a practical assessment carried out following completion of all the units and usually carried out within the delegates’ workplace. On completion of this assessment, the delegate will receive either a pass or refer. NG2 does not contribute to the delegate’s overall grade.
A delegate can receive an overall refer, pass, credit or distinction grade following their open book examination and a pass grade for the practical assessment.
Delegates will achieve the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety upon completing both units.
The qualification is accredited by the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as well as the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).