These terms and conditions should be read and accepted by you. You accept that by entering the Make UK Manufacturing Awards 2022, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Rules and Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry to the Make UK Manufacturing Awards is free of charge.
2. Entries are open until midnight on 1 July 2022. Make UK reserve the right to extend the deadline.
3. Entries must be submitted electronically through the online portal. Entries must be submitted in English.
4. Entries are treated in confidence.
5. Qualification of entry:
Business entries: The success story you are submitting must have been implemented and delivered in the past three years. You may only re-enter a previous story if you have made significant updates or changes.
Apprentice entries: You must be enrolled in an appropriate apprenticeship programme during the year 2022.
6. The Awards are open to all manufacturing organisations and their supply chains.
7. Limited supporting information is permitted, and you are able to upload this at the end of your entry form. A maximum of one video upload and 4 further documents. Any more than five will not be considered part of the entry. Please be aware that any website links used within your entry will not be activated by the judges. A photo of the nominated apprentice is required and must be provided where requested. This does not count towards the five pieces of supporting evidence permitted
8. There is a maximum word count per question.
9. Entry to more than one category is allowed. However please note the following:
Business Entry: Only one submission to each category will be permitted per company. A company may enter multiple categories, but the entrant should ensure their submission answers are tailored to each category and are relevant. A simple copy and paste will be marked down.
Apprentice Entry: Employers may enter unlimited apprentices per site for each apprentice award category. It is the duty of the entrant to ensure they are entering into the correct category. Entering into the incorrect category may result in disqualification. Please check with the awards team if you are unsure or would like further clarification before submitting your entry.
10. Entries will be judged by an independent and impartial panel of judges.
11. Apprentice Entries: By entering, nominated apprentices commit to taking part in the interview stages of the regional and national judging should they be required. Please see www.makeuk.org/awards for updated details. Successful candidates will be notified of the details via email if they are successful.
12. Regional winners will proceed to the National Competition and be in the running for the National Awards. Entry into this competition commits the nominated company/ apprentice/ individual to secure the availability of a representative to take part in the National Judging Day, if invited. Please see www.makeuk.org/awards for updated details.
13. Regional award winners may be required to provide a photo of themselves/ their team alongside their factory or in their workplace for use in promotional material.
14. Entrants may be asked for additional supporting information at the national judging stage.
15. One of the busines entries at the national judging will be selected as Manufacturer of the Year.
16. Incomplete entries will not be judged.
17. All entries will be acknowledged on receipt. Entry forms will become the property of EEF Ltd/Make UK and entries will not be returned. If no receipt of entry is received within 5 working days call 020 7654 1540. Proof of sending/ submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by EEF Ltd/Make UK or its agents.
18. Winning entries may be publicised. Applicants are responsible for making appropriate arrangements to protect any intellectual property associated with their application. Entrants must be prepared to participate in post event publicity associated with the awards. No company sensitive information will be included without prior agreement.
19. EEF Ltd/Make UK reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false/fraudulent/inappropriate information within their entry. Judges reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
20. EEF Ltd/Make UK reserves the right to update, change or drop categories where required.
21. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. No employee of EEF Ltd/Make UK or their families shall be entitled to enter.
23. EEF Limited is an employers’ association regulated under part II of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992. EEF Limited, Registered Office: Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ. Registered in England and Wales No. 05950172 VAT: GB905044750.
24. Data Protection: GDPR Compliance
25. Data storage - By entering the Make UK Manufacturing Awards 2022 you consent to your contact details being stored by EEF Ltd/Make UK for the sole purpose of both the current and future Make UK Manufacturing Awards communications only.
26. Other Make UK Communications - By opting in to other Make UK communications you consent to your contact details being shared within EEF Ltd/Make UK for communications relating to the themes, topics and future relevant events. If you do not wish for your details to be stored or used for this purpose please select NO. If you wish to opt out at a later date please email [email protected]
27. By registering and completing an entry for the awards you agree to these rules.