Prepare for the new tax rules in April 2020
New tax laws mean you may become responsible for assessing a contractor’s tax status and may need to start deducting tax and NI via PAYE.
Get your house in order and start preparing now for the changes so when the time comes, you’re ready to comply.
What you need to do
- Audit your workforce and assess your risk
- Assess the employment status of your contractors
- Review existing contractual obligations
- Plan your communications(and, potentially, negotiations) with contractors
- Prepare a policy on engaging future contractors and determining IR35/employment status
How we can help
We can help you get to grips with what IR35 is, the changes this will bring and what you need to do to prepare.
Our team of 85 HR solicitors, barristers and lawyers will ensure you comply, will help you assess any potential risk to your operations, and will help develop a plan of action to manage contractor relationships in your business.
Contact our HR team to discuss your needs further or call 0808 168 5874 or email us [email protected]