Quality Control Engineer - Advanced Apprenticeship - March 2019 Start Date
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Quality Control Engineer
Working alongside your dedicated section leader you will be taken through the following.
- Gain A full understanding of measuring techniques in both imperial and metric, utilising micrometers, Vernier’s, profile projectors, tally-surf surface testing, tally-round roundness testing.
- Gain a full understanding in how to read customer drawings, understand tolerances and various drawing technical features.
- Understand how fully automated measuring machines work.
- Understand drawing requirements and how to maintain statistically capable production through working with production to create a stable process
- Understanding Quarantine and rejection techniques along with traceability and full ISO documentation
- Adhering to Company Employee Handbook rules
Training to be provided
- Metrology training – one day a week for 2.5 years
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
- Level 6 or B grade GCSE Maths
- Level 5 English
- IT skills
- Experience or working in a Manufacturing environment desirable.
Things to consider
- The apprenticeship is based at a manufacturing foundry.
- hazardous environment.
Find out where you'll be training