Employment Law Update - September 2020
Join our webinar to hear from our legal and policy experts about key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices, as well as important forthcoming legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR.
- About event
Our legal and policy experts will explain:
- key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices; and
- important legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR.
In our case law update, we focus on two recent EAT decisions on redundancy, highlighting:
- the importance of ensuring that any redundancy process includes thorough consultation, even if you expect to redeploy employees into alternative roles;
- potential pitfalls that may arise if you require at-risk employees to apply for new roles that are essentially the same as their previous roles; and
- whether offering an appeal is necessary for a fair redundancy process.
We also look at recent cases on disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments, providing a timely reminder of:
- the fact that the duty to make reasonable adjustments is a continuing obligation;
- the potential breadth of reasonable adjustments; and
- the limits on an employee’s ability to claim discrimination arising from disability.
Our policy experts will then share insights on key legislative developments, including Covid-19 related sick pay provisions, the end of the furlough scheme and arrangements for EU workers post-Brexit.
The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session for you to ask questions of our expert speakers.
- Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for HR professionals and senior managers.
This event is only for Make UK members.
- More details
Two hour (morning) webinar on 15 September 2020 – 10.30am to 12.30pm