Employment Law Update - Autumn 2023
Join us to hear from our legal experts about key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices, as well as important forthcoming legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR. We are holding face-to-face seminars at our regional offices and a webinar for those who would prefer to attend remotely.
Our legal experts will explain:
- key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices; and
- important legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR.
In our case law update, we will consider recent court decisions exploring issues including reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, harassment on grounds of disability, and discrimination/harassment because of protected beliefs.
The in-person events will also include a section on supporting employees’ wellbeing – including a case study on managing an employee who is suffering from stress at work. (Note that this section will not be included in the online webinar session.)
We will then share insights on key legislative and policy developments, including:
- changes to flexible working;
- unpaid leave for carers;
- neonatal care leave;
- extended protections for pregnant employees and following family-related leave;
- reforms to immigration rules; and
- update on the Retained EU Law (Reform and Revocation) Act 2023.
Attendance in person provides an opportunity for networking and to engage in a Q&A discussion with our expert speakers.
Who should attend?This workshop is suitable for HR professionals and senior managers.
- Two hour in-person seminars at various locations - see below for details and timings
- One and a half hour zoom webinar