Achieving Growth in UK-Centric Supply Chains - Marches Centre
Join us for a practical workshop delivered in partnership with Aston University. The session will focus on manufacturers’ supply chain readiness to improve business resilience, greater reliability, enable products to be launched faster and reduce costs. Hear from supply chain experts from academia and industry, whilst being on site at Marches Centre of Manufacturing & Technology.
- About event
This workshop will utilise the uniquely developed Aston University Supply Chain Readiness Level Tool (SCRL) to help manufacturers to understand:
• How to assess the Technology, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Readiness of their businesses.
• The concept of Three-Dimensional Concurrent Engineering (3DCE), the associated benefits and trade-offs
• How to implement 3DCE and make it an integral part of the new product development process to launch their products faster, more reliably and at lower total costs than their competitors.
• Risk management strategies
This workshop will give you an opportunity to hear from the supply chain experts from both academia and industry and you will receive:
• Report and Action Plan
• Academic change implementation support
• Referrals to additional support to help you move the plan forwards
- Why attend?
• Manage risk and improve resilience
• Improved new product launch
• Reduce costs
• To understand capabilities in greater detail
- Who Should Attend?
• Managers/Directors with supply chain responsibility
• Managing Directors/CEOs
• Operations Managers/Directors
• Purchasing Managers/Directors
• Funding will be available for SMEs in the Marches LEP area
- More details
9.30am Registration & Networking
10am – 1pm Workshop & Expert Speakers
Meet Our Experts:
Dr Aristides Matopoulos – Reader (Associate Professor) in Supply Chain Design & Logistics Systems. With extensive experience in industrial research collaborators including working with Jaguar Land Rover, Williams Advanced Engineering, Saietta Group, MCT Reman, Microcab, Goodfloo, Marks & Spencer, AB Vassilopoulos, and many small and medium size companies.
Dr Brian Price – Lecturer, School of Engineering Systems & Management. With over 25 years’ experience in industry within a variety of senior engineering leadership positions, including responsibilities for engineering development, project execution and business leadership, with global consultant and manufacturing companies; Ricardo Consulting Engineers, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Cosworth Engineering and Lotus Engineering.
Matthew Snelson – Strategic Projects Director, Grainger & Worrall. Grainger & Worrall is at the global forefront of castings development and innovation. The world is demanding ever-lighter, ever more efficient means of propulsion and G&W are helping to drive that trend whilst maintaining an underlying ethos of humility and respect, to their clients, their employees and suppliers. They have an insatiable desire to keep delivering ground-breaking innovation to their client-base now, and in the future.
1pm Lunch, Networking, Q&A
The Aston Programme for UK-Centric Supply Chains is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund