Back arrowButton/calendaricon/lockicon/sponsor
Open search
Close search
Call us on0808 168 5874

The UK has left the EU and is leaving the EU single market and customs union. The end of the transition period will affect how chemicals will be regulated from 1 January 2021.

Businesses who use chemicals should take action now to prepare and make sure chemicals are registered or classified, labelled and packaged according to GB regulations

You will not be able to place chemicals on the market unless they follow the UK rules.


General information on how to comply with REACH regulations can be found on the Government’s UK and EU Transition site here.  

Further UK REACH detailed guidance has now been published on the HSE website.

2. Classification, labelling and packaging: 
More information on Chemicals classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) after the transition period

3. Other chemicals regimes, including drug precursors, Biocides, Prior Informed Consent and Pesticides.
Biocides: recent guidance on getting approval and product authorisation for biocidal substances is available.

  • For Great Britain: you will need to apply to HSE instead of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). Active substance approvals and new biocidal product authorisations will be specific to Great Britain.
  • For the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you will continue to apply to ECHA
News / Leaving the EU