On 28th April Government launched its Skills Toolkit – a new online platform that provides free high-quality training in digital and numeracy skills. The Toolkit offers a range of courses at all levels from introductory to advanced which have been chosen after consulting with businesses and education and training providers.
The courses are open to all employees, whether or not they have been furloughed. Employers are asked to encourage their employees to take up these learning opportunities where appropriate so they can develop a higher skilled workforce. There is a particular focus on digital skills which are sought after by over 80% of current job vacancies.
The courses cover:
- Basic and advanced IT skills and MS office
- Tools and resources to build skills for using social media, email an making working from home easier
- Everyday online skills, covering video calling, on-line fraud and on-line presentations
- Thriving in a digital workplace
- Creating great on-line content
- Social media skills for businesses
- Digital marketing
- Cyber security
Make UK members may wish to take advantage of the toolkit at a time when their workers have the time to improve their skills in areas that will be needed in the future, as the sector takes advantage of new digital technologies.
Acess the Skills Toolkit here