New course to help manufacturing employers manage their workforce safely and efficiently and instil a culture of confidence.
Make UK, the manufacturers’ organisation has launched a new course to help employers return to work safely and, going forward, manage their workforce and workplace in a safe and effective manner to deal with the threat of the virus.
The Covid 19 Management Training Programme is an online learning course which takes participants through a series of five modules designed to help them understand how the virus works and how to take the appropriate practical actions to protect their workforce and operate in an effective way with timely and strategic interventions, these are:
- Introduction, includes the impact of COVID-19, understanding viruses, symptoms, how it is spread, destroyed and risk factors
- Chain of Infection, how to apply to COVID-19 so that you know where the virus’s weak links are in its route from infected person to a susceptible individual
- How to undertake COVID-19 risk assessment
- Key controls, social distancing and cleaning
- Workforce management, information cycle, monitoring, PPE and inbound goods
This is followed by a section on the legal implications for employers and managers including sections on inspections and Covid 19 related legislation.
The course also includes practical Make UK guidance including a Risk Assessment template, as well as risk assessment criteria for start up and a recovery support production and operations list. A wide range of external resources are also provided ranging from official Government, World Health Organisation and Health & Safety Executive guidance to practical information on how to effectively operate with PPE.
As the pandemic progresses and scientific knowledge increases, there will be refresher courses made available