Coaching and Mentoring Skills (1 Day)
This course is aimed at front line managers or supervisors that manage the performance and wellbeing of others and is designed to give them the necessary skills to coach individuals to achieve their goals, improve performance or achieve specific milestones. Delegates will also learn about the importance of mentors, how to select and match them with others and maximise their effects in the workplace.
- Understanding the link between performance, potential, psychology and what motivates people to be their best
- Building a rapport
- Recognise the power of goals and effective goal setting
- Learn the models and techniques for effective coaching
- Essential coaching skills and behaviours
- Delivering effective feedback
- What is mentorship and what are the benefits?
- What to look for in a mentor and how to match them with others
- Do’s and Don’t of mentorship
By attending this course, delegates will be able to:
Effectively coach individuals to achieve their workplace goals and improve ‘day to day’ performance; by understanding what makes people ‘tick’ and helping them reach their full potential. Select and employ positive mentors to ensure that workplace support networks are in place and individuals develop in-line with your organisation’s needs.