Customs Procedures and Documentation
This course provides essential knowledge to be able to complete the documentation that must be submitted to customs to enable goods to be imported and exported.
Delivered in partnership with the Institute of Export and International Trade (IoE&IT) the course will provide the knowledge to accurately complete customs documentation and avoid delays and fines associated with providing inaccurate information.
This course will provide the candidate with essential post BREXIT knowledge.
The course covers:
- An understanding of the role of HMRC
- An understanding of UK customs procedures
- Explanation of an EORI number
- Explanation of what free circulation is
- What documents can be used as proof of export from the UK
- The change from CHIEF to CDS
- Explanation of the SAD C88 - Key information for both import and export entries
- UK Tariff - Product classification – Tariff code/Commodity codes
- Explanation of Customs Procedure Codes (CPC) and what they do
- Explanation of key import and export documentation
- Certificates of Origin - Non-Preference and Preference
- Commercial Invoices
- Compliance with Rules of Origin
- General System Preference
- Cumulation of Origin for GSP Countries
- WTO Methods of Valuation for Import
- AEO - Benefits of being an Authorised Economic Operator
- Understand customs relief schemes available to imports and exporters
- Use of Customs Notices
Pre-requisitesThere are no pre-requisites for this course.
AssessmentNo assessment. Courses are accredited by the Institute of Export and International Trade and certificates of attendance will be issued.
There are no additional details for this course
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £599 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)