Developing your Employee Representatives training
This training focuses on the effective running of an employee council (whether triggered by the information and consultation regulations or formed voluntarily). Delegates will develop the necessary skills to be able to seek views and manage feedback to employees via effective preparation and participation.
Attendees will develop skills in handling communication around sensitive matters. They will also gain an overview of discipline and grievance, redundancy and TUPE legislation which might be required if asked to accompany employees at meetings or hearings.
This course can also be delivered on site for up to 10 delegates and tailored to suit your requirements accordingly.
- Scope - the purpose and scope of the employee council
- Legislation – overview of legislation around information and consultation regulations
- Roles and responsibilities – the roles and responsibilities of council members; the chairman and the representative
- Employee council meetings – meetings, agendas; seeking views and opinions; making notes; speaking up; asking questions and taking minutes
- Skills and knowledge – skills and knowledge to manage difficult and sensitive issues
- Communication - the principles of good communication and consultation – the importance of communication including visual information; listening skills and body language
- Feedback – briefing constituents
- Confidentiality – the importance of confidentiality
- Employment Law – discipline and grievance, redundancy and TUPE including an overview of legislation and the right to be accompanied.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
More detailsThere are no further details for this course.
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £220 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)