Developing your employee representatives training
This training focuses on the effective running of an employee council (whether triggered by the information and consultation regulations or formed voluntarily). Delegates will develop the necessary skills to be able to seek views and manage feedback to employees via effective preparation and participation.
Attendees will develop skills in handling communication around sensitive matters. They will also gain an overview of discipline and grievance legislation, which might be required if asked to accompany employees at meetings or hearings.
- Course content
- Scope - the purpose and scope of the employee council
- Legislation – overview of legislation around information and consultation regulations
- Roles and responsibilities – the roles and responsibilities of council members; the chairman and the representative
- Employee council meetings – meetings, agendas; seeking views and opinions; making notes; speaking up; asking questions and taking minutes
- Skills and knowledge – skills and knowledge to manage difficult and sensitive issues
- Communication - the principles of good communication and consultation – the importance of communication including visual information; listening skills and body language
- Feedback – briefing constituents
- Confidentiality – the importance of confidentiality
- Employment Law – discipline and grievance, including an overview of legislation and the right to be accompanied.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
There are no further details for this course.