Effective meetings training
This participative course shares good practice in planning and conducting different types of meetings for improved productivity. Delegates will learn how to run effective meetings that avoid time wasting, frustration and effort, while motivating attendees to complete agreed actions. The course also includes recommendations on completing user-friendly minutes and action plans.
- Meetings – are they necessary and who should attend?
- Planning – different types of agendas and plans to ensure formal and informal meetings start and finish on time
- Chairing – responsibilities of the chair or coordinator and participants
- Conducting – maintaining control and encouraging the right participation
- Minutes – completing accurate, brief and concise minutes and action plans
- Evaluating – reviewing purpose and relevance of meetings to identify areas for improvement
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Know how to plan and conduct meetings so they start and finish on time
- Be able to control different types of participants so the right decisions are made
- Feel more confident about chairing meetings with external agencies and senior managers.