GDPR: Achieving business wide complianceThis course is no longer running. Our latest course is Practical GDPR Compilance.
- Suitable for
Senior business leaders, heads of departments, those with compliance or operational risk responsibilities and personnel whose roles involve processing personal data that is core to the business. N.B HR professionals should attend our national seminar series GDPR: On the road to major change, which addresses the specific HR obligations.
- By attending this seminar, you will
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the changes to data protection legislation with an update on the UK’s Data Protection Bill and the effect of Brexit
- Be able to set up a compliance programme within your business and prepare for the changes
- Appreciate the data protection impact of trading internationally
- Understand the new rights given to data subjects
- Understand what changes are needed in your internal documentation and the documentation you use with your customers and suppliers
- Know what to do if you suffer a data breach or your data protection practices are challenged by the Regulator
09:30 REGISTRATION AND COFFEE 10:00 Data Protection Act 1998 to GDPR – what is new? 11:45 The consequences of non-compliance 12:00 Workshop: accountability, data protection officers, documentation and record keeping 13.00 LUNCH 13.45 Workshop: breach management 14.30 Workshop: practical planning 15.30 Questions and what happens next 16:00 CLOSE