GDPR: Achieving business wide compliance
Senior business leaders, heads of departments, those with compliance or operational risk responsibilities and personnel whose roles involve processing personal data that is core to the business. N.B HR professionals should attend our national seminar series GDPR: On the road to major change, which addresses the specific HR obligations.
By attending this seminar, you will
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the changes to data protection legislation with an update on the UK’s Data Protection Bill and the effect of Brexit
- Be able to set up a compliance programme within your business and prepare for the changes
- Appreciate the data protection impact of trading internationally
- Understand the new rights given to data subjects
- Understand what changes are needed in your internal documentation and the documentation you use with your customers and suppliers
- Know what to do if you suffer a data breach or your data protection practices are challenged by the Regulator
|09:30||REGISTRATION AND COFFEE|
|10:00||Data Protection Act 1998 to GDPR – what is new?|
|11:45||The consequences of non-compliance|
|12:00||Workshop: accountability, data protection officers, documentation and record keeping|
|13.45||Workshop: breach management|
|14.30||Workshop: practical planning|
|15.30||Questions and what happens next|
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £495 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)