How to Calculate Retention and Why it is Important (for HR)
This course is aimed at HR directors, HR managers, HR business partners and HR admin staff, and anyone else who is interested in beginning to undertake this type of activity, to reduce employee absence and associated costs, with all the competitive advantage and improved profitability which that tends to bring.
Other consultants make data analysis sound scary, complicated and expensive, and offer their ongoing support. This course aims to reduce the fear factor, and show you simpler, inexpensive ways of making a start in this area. Many businesses do this almost entirely without consultancy support, but if you do want to pursue potential data analytics consultancy partners, this course will help you to play a better initial role in that partnership-building activity.
- Why retention matters
- Why measure retention
- How to measure retention
- Collating your data – good practice, pitfalls to avoid
- Governing your data – why it matters, how to approach it
- Analysing your data – common insights to draw out,
- Benchmarking your data
- Using published turnover reports, to understand norms,
- Assessing how your organisation compares
- Visualising your data, so it resonates
- Quality checking your products
- Tackling challenges
- Improving retention
By completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- create a compelling argument, as to why retention matters, and why and how it should be measured.
- collate, govern, analyse, benchmark and visualise data – why this matters, good practice, and pitfalls to avoid
- make the case for careful quality checking of your data production process and your data products
- tackle the inevitable challenges, and
- improve their support for their organisation around improving retention