ISO 45001:2018 Foundation Course - CQI/IRCA Certified
Ideal for senior managers and directors, auditors, consultants, health & safety professionals and anyone who has an interest in Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (OHSMS), this course provides the required knowledge to understand ISO 45001:2018 and the basic concepts and terminology around OHSMS. The course is delivered in an engaging and interactive manner, introducing learners to the benefits that utilising the ISO 45001:2018 standard can bring. This course is a recommended pre-requisite for either the 2 day Internal OH&S Auditor Course or 5 day OH&S Lead Auditor course.
The ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) Foundation course is designed to be as interactive as possible, focusing on exercises that allow delegates to experiment with ideas and reach their own conclusions.
IRCA courses are run in partnership with QMS Skills who are the approved training partner.
- Course content
Subjects covered include:
- The purpose of an Occupational Health and Safety Management system
- Top management and leadership requirements
- The structure of Annex SL (which is the core wording around which ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and all future ISO management system standards are based).
- The structure and requirements contained within ISO 45001
- The process of implementing and maintaining a OHSMS System
- The business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health & safety management system.
- The context of an organisation as well as internal and external interested parties
- An explanation of the key definitions contained within ISO 45001
- The scope of an OHSMS system
- OH&S policy and objectives
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Operational planning and controls
ICQI/IRCA recommends that all students have a prior knowledge of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle as well as a basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements. Additionally they should be aware of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
Each successful delegate will receive a ‘certificate of completion’ which is recognised by IRCA and the CQI
- More details
Who should attend?
- Senior managers and directors
- Health & safety professionals
- Anyone who has an interest in Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
This Course is a recommended pre-requisite for either the 2 day Internal OH&S Auditor Course or 5 day OH&S Lead Auditor course.