Risk assessment training
This one-day course is aimed at those required to conduct or oversee risk assessments in compliance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999. Mixing theory and practical content the course will improved delegates' risk management skills and enable them to confidently assess workplace risks. The experienced course tutor is CMIOSH accredited and can offer practical health and safety consultancy experience.
This course can be enhanced by integrating game based learning to embed knowledge and drive behavioural change.
- Course content
- Why carry out risk assessment – moral, legal and financial aspects
- Definition of suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- Definition of reasonably practicable
- Methodology of risk assessment
- Practical application of risk assessment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
No assessment, but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Identify hazards in the workplace
- Assess and rate risk, taking into account existing controls and vulnerable persons
- Evaluate risk and determine cost effective priorities
- Devise risk reduction programmes
- Monitor implementation.