As industry looks to rebuild and grow after the lockdown, there is an opportunity for manufacturers to refocus on their sustainability goals and work with Government to deliver a green recovery.
Research, undertaken in partnership with leading energy company E.ON prior to the lockdown indicates that sustainability and profitability go hand in hand: manufacturers who put sustainability at the heart of their businesses have seen real benefitsfrom doing so in the last 12 months with 40% reporting increased profit margins and 30% increased competitiveness as a result.
- Pre-COVID-19, 30% of manufacturers were investing in energy efficiency measures with 40% reporting an increase in profits as a result
- 30% also said their competitiveness had increased as a direct result of making energy efficiencies
- 90% of manufacturers are aware of the 2050 net-zero target and nearly half were already committed to following through with concrete actions
- 40% of respondents have renegotiated their energy contracts in the last 12 months and 65% were able to get a better deal
- Manufacturers call on Government to provide better fiscal incentives for companies to invest in new technology and energy efficiency measures to aid a green recovery from COVID-19