NEBOSH certificate in environmental management
This accredited five-day course provides a sound overview of environmental management systems - leading to a nationally recognised qualification. It is relevant to managers, supervisors and anybody with environmental responsibilities, such as waste, energy and sustainability. Delegates will gain a practical understanding of core environmental issues and the controls needed to manage the impact of a range of everyday business activities on the environment. The qualification provides a set of skills that can be used in the workplace to make better use of resources and thereby maximise profits. EEF uses its wealth of experience across all industries to draw on real practical examples of how to apply environmental management techniques. As such, the course has a practical 'real world' focus.
NEBOSH and IEMA now in partnership
If you achieve NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management qualification, you are now eligible for Associate membership of IEMA and can use the AIEMA designatory letters. This provides a wide range of membership benefits and professional recognition. To find out more and apply for IEMA membership, visit the IEMA website
- Course content
- Foundations in environmental management
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental impact assessments
- Control of environmental issues: air, water, waste and land and noise
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- Practical application, based on the review of a workplace with report to senior management
- Risk management practices, based on industry standards and best practice.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The nine taught elements to the course are assessed by a two hour written exam. This comprises ten short-answer questions and one long-answer question. There is also one practical assessment, which is to write an action plan report to management, based on an environmental review of a workplace or organisation.
- More details
Career progression :
- Successful completion of the course gives candidates eligibility to apply for technician membership of Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (TechCIWEM).
- The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). It sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level six with nine SCQF credit points. This is comparable to NQF/QCF Level three in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Delegates my progress to pursue a career in site-based environmental management.