Fault finding and diagnostics for motor control and invertor drives
Electrical motors are widely used in industry for a wide variety of operations, particularly in automation applications. For efficiency and power reasons most motor are powered using invertors and this can give rise to issues in control. This course will provide a good understanding of how both electric motors are constructed, how they work and how they can be controlled through the use of invertor drives in an industrial application. This course is offered at our Technology Training Centre in Aston, Birmingham.
- Course content
During the course, candidates will cover the following
- Introduction to motors and motor construction
- Principles of motor operation and wiring for Star and Delta
- Invertor drives and their control on motors
- Set up 3 phase induction motor using interface and control software
- Direct digital control hardwired (Set Speed motor control)
- Industrial network motor control (Ethernet based)
- Understand and fault finding of PLC Programming for motor control invertor drives written by others
- Back up of invertor drives
- Fault finding of invertor drives
- Testing/monitoring inputs and outputs to diagnose problems with motor control systems
This course is aimed at maintenance, service and commissioning engineers and electricians already involved in the maintenance or management of PLC invertor drive controlled motor systems who wish to diagnose problems with the system and wish to use the PLC control system to diagnose problems with the rest of the machine. It is ideal for those delegates who work in and around PLC controlled automated systems and who wish to broaden their overall knowledge and skill set.
Delegates should ideally have a basic working knowledge of electrics and PLC systems.
Whilst there is no formal assessment on this course, delegates will need to demonstrate a basic working knowledge and understanding of motors, invertors and control systems and that they can work safely. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By attending this course, delegates will:
Develop and enhance the delegates understanding of motors, controls and PLC systems