IOA certificate in the management of occupational exposure to hand arm vibration
- Course content
- Legislative requirements
- Identification of HAV hazards and assessment of risk
- Vibration exposure control techniques and identification of areas where vibration reduction is required
- Assessing the effectiveness of vibration control measures
- Evaluation of daily vibration exposure
- Use and limitations of personal protective equipment.
Delegates are requested to bring a scientific calculator, but EEF can provide if given prior notice. Delegates may also like to bring their own hand arm vibration measuring equipment, but this is not required.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The IOA assessment comprises a written two-hour examination paper. Candidates must also submit a practical report
- Successful candidates are awarded a certificate validated by the Institute of Acoustics.
- More details
Delegates may progress to attain the IOA certificate in workplace noise assessment.