Mentoring skills training
This one-day course provides mentors with core knowledge and skills and practical ways to get the most out of the relationship with their mentees. It will enable delegates to nurture and manage their talent, helping to build a culture of continuous development that is vital to increasing business performance.
- Course content
- Mentoring – identifying opportunities for mentoring and differentiating the practice from coaching and other methods of learning and development
- Mentor role – exploring the role of the mentor and how it fits with the line manager and others supporting learning and development in the organisation
- Mentor competencies – knowledge, skills and behaviours to develop the mentee and manage the relationship
- Feedback – different ways of giving feedback to support and challenge the mentee
- Record keeping – planning and recording sessions
- Evaluation – using feedback to improve performance.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Recognise the role, responsibilities and behaviours of the effective mentor and opportunities for mentoring in their organisation
- Be able to plan, conduct and evaluate mentor programmes and individual sessions
- Develop their own skills and feel more confident when managing the relationship with their mentees.